memory leak?

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Firstly thank you very much for the great work.

But when I tried TestOutlineText.exe and repeated to switch text effect from such as single outline to double outline, I noticed the memory increases correspondingly. It seems there are memory leaks somewhere.

Also when I use the text designer library in my test vc++6.0 project, the memory also keeps increasing when I repeat to call DrawString from the same object of class OutlineText. Sometimes even 1M memory is increased in one time call.

Any advice?

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Hi Kendang, Thanks for bringing my attention to the memory leaks. There are very serious memory problems with the structural design of the library which are not easy to fix. But I'll fix it as soon as possible. Thanks!!
Jun 16, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Thank you very much for your reply.

After I did some debug, I found GDI+ Graphics::DrawPath (Get GraphicsPath from string) will take some memory after every call. But I did not find any know issues about it when I google it.

Let me know if I can help.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Hi kendang, I have solved the memory leaks.

You can download the latest source here: http://outlinetext.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

I have also made the GDI fonts appear the same size as the GDI+ fonts.

I hope you can continue to use the library because there are 3 more exciting outline styles coming up. And I am considering to add FreeType, Uniscribe and DirectWrite support in near future! And a xml config file to configure the engine. And also a plan to make this library cross platform, using Freetype library.

Thanks! :)